Our Winter Term is off the ground and employees and students are back to business, whether virtually or on campus.
While we continue to operate and deliver education during the pandemic, we wanted to recap where things stand on and off campus. Here are five things you need to know:
- Campus access: All employees, students, and visitors must follow certain steps before arriving at, and upon entering, any RRC campus. This includes, but is not limited to, completing the self-screening tool through Shared Health, entering campus through a designated entrance, and more. Review the steps/campus access checklist so you’re prepared.
- Health and safety measures: Everyone on campus must wear a medical grade face mask and follow physical distancing protocols while on campus. To enhance safety on campus, we recently purchased Clorox 360 Electrostatic Sprayer Systems that release a mist to disinfect spaces like labs, classrooms, washrooms, and other areas. Watch this video to see how our sprayers work.
- Current operational status: RRC uses a colour-coded approach to share our current operational status. Our response levels range from green (limited risk) to yellow (caution) to orange (restricted) to red (critical). Right now our level is orange, which indicates community transmission of COVID-19 is occurring but there is low risk at RRC campuses. Learn what each level means.
- Help is available on and off campus: See our full listing of student supports. We also have supports for working on campus and working from home.
- Where to find information: Visit the coronavirus section of our website, Staff Forum (employees only), and watch your College email to stay informed on the latest news.
Here’s to another successful term. We wish everyone the best in your work and studies at Red River College.