Update 9 – June 11, 2021
Red River College is committed to keeping you informed on the latest provincial COVID-19 information, and how these updates and changes may impact the College community. Each week, we’ll highlight the latest news from RRC, updates on restrictions, vaccine eligibility, cases on campus, and informational videos worth sharing.
Manitoba expands second-dose COVID-19 vaccine eligibility
This week, the province of Manitoba announced people who received their first dose of vaccine on or May 6 can now book their second-dose appointment beginning today.
All Indigenous people in Manitoba and individuals with specific health conditions are eligible to book their second dose of vaccine, as long as they meet the minimum time interval between doses. People with specific health conditions are also eligible to book their second-dose appointment.
Manitoba government shares`4-3-2-One Great Summer’ Reopening Path
This week, the Manitoba government shared its safe summer reopening path with more openings and fewer restrictions for Manitobans beginning by Canada Day.
The 4-3-2-One Great Summer Reopening Path shares information for more openings and fewer restrictions as vaccination levels rise over the course of the summer. It focuses on the four reopening categories, three summer holiday milestones for phasing out COVID-19 restrictions, and the two public health responsibilities Manitobans must continue to follow to ensure the province can reopen and stay open.
- four reopening categories – gathering and socializing, travel and tourism, shopping and services, and dining out and entertainment;
- three holiday milestones – Canada Day, August Long Weekend and Labour Day; and
- two public health responsibilities – getting vaccinated and following public health orders that lower the risk of COVID-19.
First Dose Eligibility
- All Manitobans aged 18+ are eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine
- Youth aged 12+ can now receive the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine.
Second Dose Eligibility
- Manitobans who received their first dose of vaccine on or before May 6 can now book their second-dose appointment.
- All Indigenous people ages 12 and up in Manitoba can begin booking second dose appointments as long as they meet the minimum time interval between doses.
- People with these priority conditions can book their second dose-appointment.
Have questions about COVID-19 vaccines? Check out RRC’s FAQ here.
On Thursday, November 12, the province of Manitoba moved to the Critical level (red) on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System to halt COVID-19 transmission and protect Manitoba’s most vulnerable citizens.
This week, Dr. Brent Roussin announced new provincial public health orders to allow small outdoor gatherings on private and public property, but shared that most measures in the public health orders will remain in place to reduce the strain on Manitoba’s health-care system and reduce COVID-19 transmission rates.
The new set of public health orders start on Saturday, June 12 at 12:01 a.m. and include provisions for outdoor gatherings with up to five people in public spaces and on private property.
RRC uses a colour-coded approach to share our current operational status. Our response levels range from green (limited risk) to yellow (caution) to orange (restricted) to red (critical). Right now our level is orange, which indicates community transmission of COVID-19 is occurring but there is low risk at RRC campuses. Learn what each level means.
Cases on Campus
There are 0 case of COVID-19 reported on RRC campuses this week.