Update 2 – April 16, 2021
Red River College is committed to keeping you informed on the latest provincial COVID-19 information, and how these updates and changes may impact the College community. Each week, we’ll highlight the latest news from RRC, updates on restrictions, vaccine eligibility, cases on campus, and informational videos worth sharing.
Changes to RRC’s policy surrounding mask usage on Campus
Red River College has updated the COVID-19 policy to expand the requirements for the use of masks on-campus. These changes are effective immediately and apply to all students, staff and visitors on campus. Updates include:
- Any students, staff or visitors on Campus will be required to wear a mask while in meeting spaces with other members of the College community at all times. Previously, the policy on mask use allowed individuals who were practicing social distancing within a meeting space to remove their masks.
- Individuals who work in cubicles and open office spaces will now be required to wear a mask while sitting at their workspace. Individuals working alone in a private space with the door closed will be permitted to remove their mask.
- Individuals gathering outdoors on-campus for a meeting, break, or conversation, will now be required to wear a mask outdoors. This decision has been made based on Brent Roussin’s latest recommendations.
Find out if you’re eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine:
- age 57 or older?
- a First Nations person age 37 or older?
- an individual living with a chronic health conditions*
- a person who lives or works in a congregate living facility?
- a healthcare worker?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you are now eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine.
Manitoba will be expanding eligibility criteria to include first responders and all adults living in priority communities with the highest risk of the COVID-19 virus including people with specified front-line, public-facing roles in those communities. More details about this approach, including when these individuals can begin booking appointments, will be provided next week.
Learn more about COVID-19 vaccine eligibility criteria and how to book your COVID-19 vaccine appointment here.
*Find out more about qualifying high-risk health conditions, and specific congregate living criteria – visit Eligible Groups.
Have questions about COVID-19 vaccines? Check out RRC’s FAQ here.
In this section, we’ll keep you informed on the latest updates to Public Health Orders as they become available.
On Thursday, November 12, the province of Manitoba moved to the Critical level (red) on the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System to halt COVID-19 transmission and protect Manitoba’s most vulnerable citizens.
Changes to existing Public Health Orders took effect March 26, 2021 at 12:01 a.m. and will remain in effect until 12:01 a.m. on April 30, 2021.
For information on province-wide restrictions at the Critical Level, click here.
RRC uses a colour-coded approach to share our current operational status. Our response levels range from green (limited risk) to yellow (caution) to orange (restricted) to red (critical). Right now our level is orange, which indicates community transmission of COVID-19 is occurring but there is low risk at RRC campuses. Learn what each level means.
Cases on Campus
There are 1 cases of COVID-19 reported on RRC campuses this week.