orange iconOperational Response Level: Restricted ›
Person washing hands

Coronavirus Information

Operational Response Levels

November 19, 2020

The following message was sent to all Red River College students, faculty, and staff on Nov. 18:

To all Red River College staff and students,

As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to alter course in sometimes hard-to-predict ways, we’ve come to recognize the need to change how we plan and communicate the status of Red River College’s program delivery and operations.

Beginning today, Red River College will define its level of operations using a scalable colour-coded approach based on the Province of Manitoba’s Pandemic Response System. This will replace our Phased Re-Entry approach.

This new approach allows us to plan for, and respond to, multiple scenarios that could impact on-campus activity. It reinforces our efforts to keep our College community safe, and provides the flexibility needed to support online and blended delivery of our programs.

The new approach will replace our Re-Entry Phases with Operational Response Levels:

• Green
  • Yellow
  • Orange
  • Red

The College’s current operational status will appear in a colour-coded banner at the top of our COVID-19 information page.

Changes to our risk level and our response will be guided by direction from Public Health. A response level may apply to entire campuses, or only to specific facilities or buildings (i.e. in the event of a localized cluster or outbreak). RRC response levels may also differ from those currently applied to the Winnipeg Metro Region or other parts of Manitoba.

A rising risk level will lead to stronger responses and restrictions. At the same time, responses for each risk level will be flexible and proportionate to the risks involved.

This new approach does not change our current operations and delivery of programs or services at the College.

Public Health has advised that Red River College is currently at Orange (Restricted) level due to our stringent health and safety measures, which meet or exceed current directives. This level allows for limited on-campus activities for students who require hands-on training.

General information about the directives and guidelines associated with each Operational Response Level are available at rrc.ca/coronavirus/on-campus-safety/levels/.

We will provide updates about any changes to our operational status, and what those changes mean, on the COVID-19 news blog, Staff and Student News, on-campus digital signage, RRC social media, and via email where appropriate.

The safety and health protocols in place at Red River College have helped us keep our numbers down and ensured there’s a very low risk of transmission on our campuses which has enabled us to maintain our current operations while keeping each other safe. Thank you for working together to help us limit the spread of COVID-19.

If you have any questions, please email safety@rrc.ca

Melanie Gudmundson,
Chief Human Resource Officer