Person washing hands

Coronavirus Information

Changes to parking for the upcoming academic year

August 25, 2020

In response to the ongoing changes brought by COVID-19, Red River College’s Commuting & Parking Services are making several changes to better serve our College community.

As of August 31, 2020, RRC is moving towards a scramble parking plan at the Notre Dame Campus. This means there will no longer be assigned parking stalls, and staff do not need to hang their parking permit from their rear-view mirror (we ask that you hold onto your permit for now).

For staff: parking fees will no longer be deducted from your bi-weekly payroll. The rates for parking remain the same as they were prior to COVID-19. All staff and students who choose to drive to campus have new, flexible options to pay for parking:

• Pay for daily or hourly parking via the PayByPhone app (available for free download on your smart phone)
  • Pay for daily or hourly parking on-site using the parking meters.
  • Purchase monthly at our new online portal. Both staff and student users can create a personal parking profile and purchase monthly parking using our new online portal.

Where to park at NDC

As part of our efforts to manage COVID-19, fewer entrances on campus will be open. As such, parking will be available in the following lots at NDC: North 2 (2N on map), South, and East. Please see parking map for parking lot locations.

Changes to parking at EDC, Stevenson and regional campuses:

• EDC: Interim EDC Essential Worker Parking Subsidy program will end as of September 1, 2020.  August will be the last month eligible for the reimbursement.
  • LTC: Scramble parking available
  • Stevenson: Student parking is sold on a first-come, first-served basis online. Staff may purchase monthly parking online. Staff and students can pay for hourly/daily parking using PayByPhone.
  • Regional campuses: Parking at regional campuses will align with the Regional Campuses operational plans.

At this time, we do not encourage purchasing parking for the entire academic year. The pandemic has shown us that the only constant is change, and as such, this new parking plan is designed to be flexible and we may need to re-visit as our situation evolves. This plan will be in effect for the upcoming academic year, following which we will assess whether it meets the parking needs of our staff and students.

We will continue to provide updates via Staff and Student News, emails, web and social media updates. Please get in touch with any concerns, questions or suggestions at parking@rrc.ca. Parking staff will be on-hand in the Information booth at NDC’s South Lot to answer any questions and provide support.

For more information, please visit rrc.ca/parking.