Video update from our Interim President & CEO
Effective June 1, 2020, the Province of Manitoba is allowing limited access to educational facilities for hands-on learning experiences. Dr. Christine Watson shares what this means for the College and its students.
Provinces launches new online tool to connect students with jobs
The Manitoba government has launched Student Jobs MB, a free online tool dedicated to matching students looking for job opportunities to employers with workforce needs throughout the province.
More information on student and youth employment opportunities can be found at www.studentjobsmb.ca
Join the Virtual Indigenous Celebration at Home
Our annual Indigenous student celebration is moving online! We are excited to create a virtual place that makes our students feel special, honours their achievements, and holds space for Indigenous culture and teachings. Join us Friday, June 5 for a Facebook live stream featuring some special performances on the Indigenous Education Facebook page.
RRC Virtual Indigenous Celebration
Friday, June 5, 2020 | 12:00 pm
Red River College – Indigenous Education Facebook Page
Although we can’t all be together, we can find ways to celebrate and mark this special occasion. If you’d like to host your own Celebration at home, or create a special moment for yourself to honour your journey, we’ve included some ways that can add to your celebrations – online and offline.
- Get ready for your at home celebration by making your own bannock with a recipe from “Cooking with the Coyote” Corey Whitford, Indigenous Language Instructor.
- Learn How to Make Cedar Tea.
- Download these colouring sheets by Anishinabee artist Jackie Traverse to create some art!
- Miss visiting our Indigenous spaces at the College? Take yourself on a 360 tour of the Medicine Wheel Garden and Notre Dame Indigenous Support Centre.
- Update your Facebook picture picture with our new profile picture frame.
Registration is now closed for students to be included in the Virtual Indigenous Celebration, but they can still register to receive a mailed gift by visiting rrc.ca/indigenous/virtual-celebration until June 19.
Behind the Scenes at RRC
What we’re doing is working…differently. In response to COVID-19, faculty are delivering education in new ways and staff are keeping the College engine running in their own areas.
Over the past several weeks, we’ve been shining a spotlight on employees and sharing stories of how they’re stepping up to the challenge during this unprecedented time. Here are some highlights from our Behind the Scenes at RRC blog:
- Have an IT problem? Help is right around the virtual corner! Information Technology Solutions (ITS) team continues to work hard to support employees and students through the technical challenges the COVID-19 pandemic brings. Read more ›
- Pandemic doesn’t stop students from working on real projects with real businesses. Find out how Business Admin instructor Andrea McCann is connecting students to businesses across North America. Read more ›
- Indigenous Student Supports brings support and connection to culture to students. Once the College moved classes to alternative delivery formats, the ISS team quickly activated to ensure Indigenous students were supported virtually, and had what they needed to continue to learn from home. Read more ›
Do you have a Behind the Scenes at RRC story to share? Let us know and we’ll be happy to get in touch.