Accommodations and COVID-19 (update)
RRC’s Accessibility Services continues to provide reasonable academic accommodations to students with disabilities for all RRC classes, including those delivered online. We recently made some changes to how these services are delivered, and updated our requirements for medical documentation supporting your request.
Sign here, please: Making the switch to digital signatures
Imagine the paperwork it takes to keep Red River College going. The College’s Financial Services department, for instance, filed away more than 350,000 paper documents and scans for the 2019 fiscal year alone. Many of those – including purchases orders, invoices and expense claims from vendors, contractors and staff – require signatures.
But how do you get signatures on documents when COVID-19 descends, closing campus offices and imposing social distancing guidelines that make gathering physical signatures impossible? That was the challenge put to Nikki Hart, RRC’s business analyst for Financial Services, in the week RRC closed its campuses to the public.
Join a Virtual 1K, 3K, 5K Walk, Run or Ride
Recreation Services is holding a Virtual 1K, 3K, 5K Walk, Run or Ride from May 1 to 15 — so lace up those shoes, oil that chain, and join us for a chance to win great prizes. Invite your friends and family.
How it works
- Pick your route. Map it out it using Google Maps or track it using a run tracker such as Strava, Run Keeper, Map My Run, or Nike Run Club.
- Starting May 1, send the results of your tracker (or a screenshot of the results) to Recreation Services. You can submit a result for each day. The more results you share, the more opportunities you have to win.
- We will have prizes for best costume, so submit your photos as well.
For us being healthy and happy is key to a good life.
Wellbeing for the Week
Brought to you by RRC Recreation Services.
- Monday: Head over to MindWell U for a drop-in meditation session.
- Tuesday: Check in on a co-worker or classmate. Ask them how they are doing. Social distancing doesn’t mean isolation.
- Wednesday: Challenge a friend or family member to a game of Yahtzee.
- Thursday: Stir your curiosity — take in a TED Talk.
- Friday: Join our online yoga class at 12:30 or head out for your first 1K, 3K, 5K walk, run or ride (see above).
Video Update from our Interim President & CEO
On April 24, Dr. Christine Watson talked about seasonal transitions and how they’re similar to what we’ve been experiencing as we work, teach and study in new ways during COVID-19.