Hours of operation and alternate delivery methods ›
Person washing hands

Coronavirus Information

Welcome back, Red River College students

March 23, 2020

Like us, you find yourselves today in strange new territory. These past few weeks have been scary, confusing, overwhelming times for all of us. To say we’ve missed you might sound trite, but the hallways of our campuses have never been emptier.

Luckily, three of our greatest strengths as a College community are resilience, agility and innovation. RRC leadership, faculty and staff came together last week to put those strengths to work in developing alternative forms of program delivery. Even if the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic makes it impossible for you to join us in our classrooms, we can still come together to teach and learn in other ways.

If they haven’t already, your instructors and program leads will reach out to you today to outline how your classes with them will be conducted for the time being. Each class is different, and so is each approach to alternative program delivery. We’re doing everything we can to make this work under challenging and ever-changing circumstances — which means we may not have it perfect just yet. We ask for your patience as we work through the next few weeks.

You have concerns, and we’ve been listening to them. Some of you are worried about access to laptops, or excelling in a digital environment. We’re taking those factors into consideration as we look to find innovative and creative solutions to help you achieve your academic goals, and we will be following-up with your shortly with more specific information about how we’re going to support you and help you with those specific needs that you’ve brought to our attention.

This week, we’re going to release additional supports and information in Student News, to better support you through this transition, Student News is now sent daily at 10 a.m. so please and keep an eye out for that information as it will be posted later this week.

As always, if you have questions related to your program, please speak to your instructors and program chairs. If you have a question or want to know more about RRC’s response to COVID-19, visit www.rrc.ca/coronavirus to learn more.

These may be trying times, but the compassion and creativity we’ve seen from our community gives us great hope that we will not only get through our current challenges, but emerge stronger than ever.

We’re glad to have you back.

Aileen Najduch
Acting Vice-President, Academic

RaeAnn Thibeault
Executive Director, Academic