Degrees of Reading Power
The Degrees of Reading Power (DRP) is used for entry into the following programs: Health Care Aide, Library and Information Technology, Nursing, and the Allied Health Sciences (Diagnostic Cardiac Sonography – Echocardiography, Diagnostic Medical Sonography – Ultrasound, Medical Laboratory Sciences, Medical Radiologic Technology, and Paramedicine). Please also reference the CASPer Assessment for the Allied Health Sciences programs.
To register for a DRP test session, please visit our events calendar.
The DRP is a reading comprehension test that assesses your ability to read at a post-secondary level.
- It is a test that determines how well you understand what you’re reading.
- As you work through the test, the passages become more challenging.
- It is an untimed multiple-choice test. You will have as much time as you need to complete the test. On average, the DRP takes approximately two hours to complete.
NOTE: The Degrees of Reading Power is a test for English first language speakers, i.e., people who learned to speak English at home as a child, were educated in English and now live and work in English. If you aren’t sure if the DRP is the right test for you, please see the English Skills Assessment. If you require more information please contact Assessment Services or call 204-632-2458.
Our in-person information sessions and workshops currently remain on hold. When we resume these workshops, we will update the information on this website.
In the meantime, interested applicants can:
- Review the video tutorials by an ASC tutor at the links below for some tips on how to approach and prepare for the DRP.
- Register for and attend online drop-in sessions with an ASC tutor
- Reading and Note Taking – Academic Study Skills
Online Drop-in Sessions with an ASC Tutor
Interested applicants are welcome to attend a free live online drop-in session with an ASC tutor to learn more about the DRP prior to writing the test.
Note: This is an information session, not a test session.
Please see the registration form below to choose a date you are interested in.
Please contact Assessment Services at 204-632-2458 or email@example.com if you have any questions.