Convocation

Alumni Engagement

Join the Red River College Students’ Association Board of Directors

August 20, 2021

The Red River College Students’ Association (RRCSA) is seeking applications to fill one ex-officio board member position. All interested alumni members are encouraged to apply!

The alumni representative to the RRCSA board brings industry knowledge and experience to the student leadership on the board, providing insight, direction, and mentorship. The SA board oversees a $3 million budget for projects, initiatives, trust funds, and donation requests, and decisions made by the board impacts the RRC student body, the entire RRC ecosystem, and the wider community. The alumni representative also sits on the trust fund committee, which oversees capital projects.

The successful candidate will serve on the board as a volunteer for a one-year term from September 2021 to October 2022, with the opportunity to extend per interest and approval. Meetings are held monthly during the evening via video conferencing.

Deadline to apply is September 8, 2021. For more information, visit rrcsa.ca.

About the Red River College Students’ Association

Founded in 1963 and officially incorporated in 1974, the RRCSA has been improving student life at RRC through a variety of activities and initiatives for more than 50 years. The SA acts primarily as an advocate for student concerns, publishes a student newspaper, and offers many different activities throughout the school year to engage students. In addition, the SA employs students and operates two revenue-generating enterprises: the Ox Student Store at the College’s Notre Dame Campus, and the Red River Mercantile at the College’s Exchange District Campus. Learn more about the SA and its impact here.

RRC Polytech campuses are located on the lands of Anishinaabe, Ininiwak, Anishininew, Dakota, and Dené, and the National Homeland of the Red River Métis.

We recognize and honour Treaty 3 Territory Shoal Lake 40 First Nation, the source of Winnipeg’s clean drinking water. In addition, we acknowledge Treaty Territories which provide us with access to electricity we use in both our personal and professional lives.

Learn more ›