MotiveLab™ is a 7,000-square foot research facility at Red River College focused on supporting Manitoba’s heavy vehicle sector.
It is home to a combination All Weather Climatic Chamber and Chassis Dynamometer test facility that caters to vehicles of all sizes across various markets.
A unique facility for Western Canada, MotiveLab™ is capable of supporting on- and off-highway heavy vehicle testing and development requirements for the entire region.
- MotiveLab™ will have the ability to test vehicles at temperature extremes throughout the year, while under full-load conditions.
- The climatic chamber will have an operating temperature capability of between -40°C and +50°C (independent of outside ambient temperature).
- MotiveLab™ will be capable of accommodating transit buses and highway coaches, as well as off-highway vehicles such as tractors and self-propelled harvesting equipment.
- Vehicles can be tested on an integrated, adjustable, high-performance, three-axis 1,000 HP chassis dynamometer.
- MotiveLab™ will be able to simulate various ground topologies, such as slopes.
- The Chassis Dynamometer has the ability to regenerate the power it produces back into the overall chamber power load.
- Additional research equipment/instrumentation includes portable emissions test equipment, data loggers, a biodiesel refinery, a 7.7KW Level 2 AC charging station, a 30KW DC quick charger, specialized battery testers, tools and protective equipment required for testing electric vehicle batteries.
MotiveLab Fact Sheet (PDF)