Gain the skills and knowledge to succeed as a Railway Conductor.
Get on the “fast-track” to a career that offers opportunities beyond expectations. Perform the functions of a Railway Conductor, including shop track brake tests on locomotives, applying hand brakes on stationary and moving equipment, switching cars from one track to another, sequencing cars, and other routine activities, all under the constant supervision of three industry experienced instructors. Field training takes place in an active rail yard with several rail cars, tracks, and a locomotive.
This pre-employment program blends classroom instruction with hands-on experience to make safety a life standard. The program has been designed and developed in cooperation with Canadian railway companies. Get on board for a successful railway career.
Attend an information session to find out more about the program and a career in railway and to ask our instructor any questions you may have.
|Wed, Nov. 6, 2019||7:00pm – 8:30pm||NDC – White Lecture Theatre||Free||Sign Up|
|Wed, Nov. 13, 2019||7:00pm – 8:30pm||NDC – White Lecture Theatre||Free||Sign Up|
|Wed, Nov. 20, 2019||7:00pm – 8:30pm||NDC – White Lecture Theatre||Free||Sign Up|
|Wed, Nov. 27, 2019||7:00pm – 8:30pm||NDC – White Lecture Theatre||Free||Sign Up|
|Wed, Dec. 4, 2019||7:00pm – 8:30pm||NDC – eTV Studio B||Free||Sign Up|
|Wed, Dec. 11, 2019||7:00pm – 8:30pm||NDC – White Lecture Theatre||Free||Sign Up|
Past Information Sessions
Hear instructors speak about the program, a career in railway, and other benefits: RRC Railway Conductor Program Information Session Video.
Skip to the 00:08:05 mark of the video to begin.
Parking & Navigation
- Make your way to our Notre Dame Campus at 2055 Notre Dame – Google Maps directions.
- Information session attendees may park in the South Lot (1), including staff designated areas. The cost of parking after 5pm is a flat rate of $2.00 for the evening.
- Attendees arriving by bus should get off at the Bus Loop Entrance (T).
- Proceed to the entrance in front of the Bus Loop Entrance (T), go through the doors to the left (2) and down the stairs.
- Wheelchair accessibility: A ramp is available to the left of the main entrance. Once at the top of the ramp, go through the doors to the left to enter D Building, take the elevator down to the Mall level and turn left.
- Once on the Mall level (2), proceed down the hallway past the Library and row of lockers and look for the appropriate room: Lecture Theatres (3) | eTV Studios (3).
Connect With Us
Speak with one of our knowledgeable staff members to get answers to all of your railway and Railway Conductor program questions.
Ready to apply to the Railway Conductor program and start on your journey to a rewarding railway career?