A pair of Red River College students are among the trio of competitors who’ll advance to the 42nd World Skills Competition in Leipzig, Germany in 2013.
Jacob Bell (Bricklaying) and Dylan Pereira (Aircraft Maintenance) were named World Skills Competitors at the 18th Canadian Skills Competition in Edmonton last weekend, along with Steinbach Regional/University of Manitoba student Ingrid Wieler (I.T. Software Solutions for Business).
In total, Team Manitoba brought home 22 medals: eight gold, six silver, and eight bronze. Of those medalists, the following were from Red River College:
- Jacob Bell (Brick Masonry)
- Leonhard Derksen (Cabinet Making)
- Dylan Pereira (Aircraft Maintenance)
- Kevin Russell (Electronics)
- Colin Dewitt (Landscaping Gardening)
- Mackenzie Harman (Landscape Gardening)
- Michael Walmsley (Refrigeration)
The 62 members of the Manitoba team earned the right to represent the province by winning gold medals in their respect trade or technology area at the Provincial Skills Competition. Click here for a full list of last weekend’s medalists.