Congratulations go out to the nine students in Red River College’s Animal Health Technology program who received the following awards, scholarships and bursaries after completing the program’s first year:
- Julie Edmonds: First Year Performance Award (worth $250; awarded to a student who demonstrates academic proficiency and technical abilities during their first year of studies).
- Rachel Harms: Manitoba Animal Health Technologist Association Award (worth $200; awarded to the AHT student with the highest academic standing after completion of their first year).
- Sophie Rey: Manitoba Veterinary Medical Association Bursary (worth $300; awarded after completion of first year).
- Kendall Young: Manitoba Veterinary Medical Association Scholarship (worth $300; awarded after completion of first year).
- Marnie Elgar: Purina Student Achievement Award (worth $500; awarded by Nestle Purina PetCare to the overall top student in both skills and academics following completion of first year, and completion of the “Daily Nutrition Matters” online course.)
- Cynthia Tonn & Susan Hepburn: Barbara Nagler Memorial Bursary (worth $1,750 and $1,250, respectively; awarded to AHT students with a demonstrated financial need and volunteer spirit, who complete first year with a minimum 3.0 GPA).
- Heather Mays & Vanessa Geirnaert: Sophie Katarynych Award (worth $600 each; awarded to two AHT students who demonstrate financial need and academic success after first year).
Click here for more information on RRC’s Animal Health Technology program.