Communications and Marketing

CAMPUS ADVISORY: Language Training Centre Closed -January 23, 2020

January 23, 2020

The Language Training Centre is closed today and all classes are cancelled as the result of a flood in the Via Rail Station caused by a broken pipe.

The flooding has had a direct impact on the LTC, in addition to other areas in the building, and the College, along with VIA Rail’s facility manager, are now assessing the the impact of the flood in order to determine when the LTC can resume normal operations. Our hope is that the overall impact will be minimal, and we can resume classes as quickly and as safely as possible.

Staff, faculty, and students affected by today’s closure were advised last night, and the College will continue to provide updates through the College website, social media, and through staff and student news.

Thank you to everyone who responded quickly last night to support the LTC.

If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact Kerri Caldwell, Dean, School of Education, Arts & Sciences at kcaldwell@rrc.ca

RRC Polytech campuses are located on the lands of Anishinaabe, Ininiwak, Anishininew, Dakota, and Dené, and the National Homeland of the Red River Métis.

We recognize and honour Treaty 3 Territory Shoal Lake 40 First Nation, the source of Winnipeg’s clean drinking water. In addition, we acknowledge Treaty Territories which provide us with access to electricity we use in both our personal and professional lives.

Learn more ›