Bringing English Communication to Life!
A four-week or two-week Summer Institute provides a unique way for you to improve your
language skills while also learning more about local and national culture through field trips and tours. Instruction focuses on language skills and strategies that will be used in everyday situations: excursions to cultural/historical sites, campus visits, or exploration
of your educational or occupational field of interest.
- Practise new English expressions and vocabulary
- Participate in activities designed specifically to meet your language needs
- Learn to communicate with professionals in your field of study
- Experience language used in a variety of everyday situations
- Increase your knowledge and awareness of Canadian people, places and customs
- Build your confidence and increase your fluency
Explore and Discover
- Visit Winnipeg’s unique and diverse neighbourhoods for history, culture, art, sports, shopping, food and nightlife
- Discover the city’s sites, surrounding nature, and summer festivals
- Explore education and career opportunities in Mantitoba by visiting campuses and businesses
- Gain new ideas and better skills to communicate effectively in a Canadian academic and employment context
Features of the Summer Institute
- Certified and experienced language instructors
- English for professional and academic purposes
- A focus on language skills and strategies that can be used for real situations in everyday life, education and employment
- Learning resources, including online tools
- Access to computer labs, libraries and campus facilities
- Excursions, tours and social activities
- Homestay accommodations with a meal plan
Live Like a Local
During your program, you will live with a local homestay, who will provide you with 3 meals a day, a comfortable bedroom and some space to study.
We believe living in a Canadian home will provide you with an authentic, real-life situation where you can truly learn the customs, live the culture, and practise your English as much as possible.
Winnipeg – a destination for the world!
Winnipeg, the capital city of Manitoba, is situated in southern Manitoba, in the centre of North America. It’s a multicultural and energetic city with a population of about 800,000. You’ll find a variety of rich and diverse arts, culture and sport events. In the summer, you will find concerts and festivals that appeal to everyone’s tastes – many of them for free!
Winnipeggers enjoy a safe and comfortable lifestyle, with a high employment rate and an affordable cost of living. And it’s an exciting, vibrant destination for travelers from all over the world!
2019 Program Dates and Schedule
2-week Summer Institute: July 22 to August 2, 2019
All Summer Institute programs are full-time; program runs from Monday to Friday, 9:00 to 3:00 each day, with some additional/optional activities in the evenings or weekends.
Application for Admission
We recommend that you apply early, as the Summer Institute has a limited number of seats available. Applications will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
*Students must be 18 years of age or older to participate in our program.
For further inquiries, please contact:
Program Manager, Visa Students and Overseas Projects
Telephone: 204-945-6151 (Extension 6304)