Connect to student email using Outlook app – Android
The Outlook for Android app allows you to securely access emails, calendars, and contacts on your mobile device.
NOTE: Outlook for Android requires a device running Android 4.0 or later. You cannot access tasks from the Outlook for Android app.
- Visit the Google Play website to install and open the Outlook for Android app.
- Tap Get Started.
- Enter your College user name followed by @academic.rrc.ca, and then tap Continue.
- Your student email address will default in on the Sign in page, enter your password, and then tap Sign in.
- When prompted to add another account, tap Skip on the bottom left-hand side.
- Information about Outlook will appear, tap the arrow on the bottom right-hand side to read or tap Skip on the bottom left-hand side.
- Your inbox will open and you can access the following features:
- Tap the calendar icon at the bottom right-hand side.
- Tap the hamburger icon on the top left‑hand side to see your email folders.
- Tap the gear icon on the bottom left‑hand side to see your email settings.
NOTE: If you are not redirected to the RRC log on page, you can manually add your student mailbox to your device by using these instructions.
- Enter your College email address.
- Click Go.
- Click the question mark on the top right-hand side, if it does not immediately take you to the log on page.
- Click Change Provider.
- Click Exchange.
- Enter the mail server as mail.academic.rrc.ca.
- Enter the domain as your email address, email@example.com.
- Enter your password.
- Enter a description, “school” for example, if you like.
- Click Sign In.
Add an account
- Open Outlook.
- Tap the gear icon on the bottom left‑hand side.
- Tap + Add account.
- Tap Add an email account.
- Enter your email address, and tap Continue.
- Tap Next.
- Enter your password, and tap Sign in.
- Tap Allow.
Your newly added email address will display under Accounts.
Delete an account
- Open Outlook.
- Tap the account you would like to delete.
- On the bottom of the Account info window, tap Delete Account.
- Confirm this is the account you want to delete, and then tap Delete.