Some items are recommended to bring because you won’t want to be without them. Other items, however, are not allowed. Make sure to read this list before deciding what to bring with you to residence!
Note: All rooms include a refrigerator and microwave.
Fabric furniture such as mattresses, couches and chairs are not allowed. Some wood, metal, and plastic furniture may be allowed. Please contact the Campus Living Office if you are unsure whether an item is allowed in residence.
What to bring to residence:
- Alarm clock
- Bedding for standard Twin (or Single) bed (sheets, blankets, pillow)
- Cleaning supplies (broom, cloths, etc.)
- Cutlery and dishes
- Desk lamp
- First-aid kit
- Iron and ironing board
- Plunger (for toilet)
- Power bar (3-prong NEMA 5 type)
- Storage containers
- White sticky tack (for hanging posters)
- Take a look at a bare room here to get an idea of what to expect!
What NOT to bring to residence:
- Cooking appliances (hot plates, grills, etc.)
- Cookware (pots, pans, etc.)
- Explosives, fireworks, weapons
- Full range audio systems
- Large appliances (air conditioner, fridge, freezer, etc.)
- Mini fridge (you have one in your room)
- Microwave (you have one in your room)
- Pets (including fish)
- Shower curtain (you won’t need one)
- Barbells and weight machines
- Wireless router (Note: if you are planning on using a non-RRC internet service like MTS or Shaw, you may want to bring one. They are not permitted on the RRC network)
- Wooden Furniture