What to Bring (and Not to Bring)
Some items are recommended to bring because you won’t want to be without them. Other items, however, are not allowed. Make sure to read this list before deciding what to bring with you to residence!
Note: All rooms include a refrigerator and microwave.
Fabric furniture such as mattresses, couches and chairs are not allowed. Some wood, metal, and plastic furniture may be allowed. Please contact the Campus Living Office if you are unsure whether an item is allowed in residence.
To help with your move you can ask for a linen package to be sent to your room prior to your arrival!
Single bed packages $41+tax
Double bed packages $49+tax
All packages include:
- Flat Sheet
- Fitted Sheet
- Pillow Case
- Bath Mat
- Bath Towel
- Hand Towel
- Face Cloth
What to bring to residence:
- Alarm clock
- Bedding for standard Twin or Standard Double (make sure you confirm which bed type you have!)
- Cleaning supplies (broom, cloths, vacuum etc.)
- Cutlery and dishes
- Cookware for the communal kitchen (pots, pans, etc.)
- Desk lamp
- Iron and ironing board
- Plunger (for toilet)
- Power bar (3-prong NEMA 5 type)
- Storage containers
- White sticky tack (for hanging posters)
- Take a look at a bare room here to get an idea of what to expect!
What NOT to bring to residence:
- Cooking appliances (hot plates, grills, etc.)
- Explosives, fireworks, weapons
- Full range audio systems
- Large appliances (air conditioner, fridge, freezer, etc.)
- Pets (including fish)
- Shower curtain (you won’t need one)
- Barbells and weight machines
- Wireless router (Note: if you are planning on using a non-RRC internet service like MTS or Shaw, you may want to bring one. They are not permitted on the RRC network)
- Wooden Furniture
We have a Communal Kitchen!
Campus Living provides a communal kitchen open to all Residents of the building. The kitchen is equipped with two ovens, and three induction style stove tops.
You will be responsible to bring any additional items you need.