Special Admissions testing is used to determine the eligibility of applicants who do not meet a program’s regular admission requirements.
After you apply for your program of interest, a College representative will review your high school transcript and refer you to Assessment Services for testing if necessary. After testing arrangements have been made, we will send you further information and instructions.
The test you will write depends on the admission requirements of the program. Please explore the links below for examples of the different types of Special Admissions testing we offer.
If you have further questions, please contact us.
Number Operations CAAT Level C test details
The CAAT Level C – Number Operations Assessment consists of 40 multiple choice questions that must be completed in 40 minutes. No calculators are allowed; scrap paper is provided for rough work.
The test covers the following topics:
- Adding, Subtracting, Multiplying and Dividing
- Whole Numbers
- Changing a fraction to a percent
- Changing a percent to a fraction
- Changing a percent to a decimal
- Changing a decimal to a percent
- How to calculate a percentage of a number
- Integers (positives and negatives)
- Square Root
- Solving for one unknown