Academic Communications Assessment
The Academic Communications Assessment (ACA) is used for entry into the following Community Services programs: Child and Youth Care, Disability and Community Support, Early Childhood Education (ECE), and ECE Workplace.
The Academic Communication Assessment (ACA) is a pre-application admission requirement.
The ACA tests your ability to read and write at post-secondary college level. You will read a short article and will then complete a five-paragraph essay based on what you have read.
Details of the assessment:
- It tests your comprehension of a reading related to your RRC Polytech program of interest.
- It tests your writing skills through the completion of a five-paragraph essay writing task.
You will be assessed on your ability to:
- Produce basic, structured academic paragraphs on a topic related to the field.
- Effectively introduce, support and conclude an idea within a five-paragraph structure and within each paragraph.
- Correctly employ grammar, sentence structure, spelling, capitalization, punctuation, tone, and word choice and usage.
You will have 90 minutes to complete the assessment.
Please visit Writing – ASC: Supports for Students – Academic Coaching and Study Skills for resources on how to write an effective essay.