Student Accessibility Services
The Instructor’s Role
- The instructor is responsible to provide sufficient notice of scheduled tests/exams to allow Exam Accommodations time to arrange the required accommodations.
- The instructor must provide the complete exam package including any special instructions and allowed reference materials/equipment.
- The instructor should discuss with the student or, when applicable, the student’s counsellor, appropriate accommodations or concerns about the test/exam.
- The instructor must also inform Exam Accommodations of any changes or errors in tests/exams.
- The instructor should check on the student during the exam, or be available via phone or email should the student have questions.