Note: Due to low enrollment, we have decided to cancel GETT camp this year.
What is GETT camp?
Girls Exploring Trades and Technology introduces girls ages 12-14 to applied skills and technology careers and encourages them to consider a variety of career choices. The Girls Exploring Trades and Technology summer camp reinforces the importance of taking science, advanced math subjects and industrial arts in high school by stressing the impact those subjects have on career decisions.
This age is an important time for girls because they begin to make course decisions that affect future career choices. Girls Exploring Trades and Technology offers participants a unique opportunity to consider a variety of careers in an active, enjoyable summer camp program.
The Girls Exploring Trades and Technology camp program intends to:
- Introduce girls to technical/non-technical career choices in a fun-filled and supportive camp.
- Develop an awareness of the importance of course choices at the high school level.
- Promote the importance of career awareness and participation.
- Foster an appreciation of physical fitness and strength needed in all occupations.
- Introduce participants to women actively engaged in a variety of occupations.
Please note that potential applicants MUST be 12 years of age or older as of June 1, 2018, in order to be considered for camp.
When and where is the camp?
- July 3-6, 2018 (Note: Due to the July 2 Canada Day holiday, the first week of camp will be four days only)
- July 9-13, 2018
Time: Monday to Thursday: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Fridays: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Location: Red River College, 2055 Notre Dame Avenue, Winnipeg
Accommodations / Transportation
Please note: This is a day camp only. Red River College does not supply accommodations or transportation for campers. All accommodations in Winnipeg as well as transportation to and from the camp daily is the responsibility of the camper and her parent/guardian.
How many applicants will be selected?
A total of 16 campers will be accepted into each camp. You can send your application (available in early May) using the following options:
Girls Exploring Trades and Technology Camp
Red River College, Attention: Christina Lambert
Room A145, 2055 Notre Dame Ave.
Winnipeg, MB R3H 0J9
- Fax: 204-633-6075
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (signed and scanned copy)
For more information on the camp, please contact:
Students selected to participate in the GETT Camp will be required to submit an application form, parental permission form, and a medical information form.
*You need only fax in the registration form. Medical forms and parental permission forms will be sent with your acceptance package.