Develop the skills and knowledge to safely and effectively perform a variety of welding processes.

This program develops the skills and knowledge you need to safely and effectively perform the oxyacetylene, arc, tungsten inert gas (TIG), and metal inert gas (MIG) welding processes and related operations.

You will spend the majority of class time on practical shop work, with your remaining time spent on instruction in welding, mathematics, science, industrial communications and blueprint reading.

Theory tests in each welding component and grading of practical work assignments to government and industrial standards make up approximately 80% of the program grading. A final comprehensive theory examination will account for the remaining 20%.

Upon graduation, you will receive a certificate from Red River College Polytechnic and a student CWB (Canadian Welding Bureau) ticket.

Prior to starting the program, you will be invited to participate in a math and reading skills diagnostic testing session that will advise you of your program readiness.

Learn moreApply Today