Precision Metal Machining
Prepare to succeed as a machinist or CNC operator.
Precision Metal Machining is a pre-employment program designed for students wishing to:
- Pursue an apprenticeship career path as a machinist
- Enter the workforce as a CNC operator
Graduates will be competent in the following:
- Applying safe and correct practices when handling tools and equipment
- Setting up and safely operating manual milling machines, lathes and Computer Numerical Control (CNC) machining and turning centres
- Interpreting engineering drawings
- Applying geometric dimensioning to verify component parts
- Using basic Computer Aided Design (CAD) software Studies consist of theory and practical training.