CNC Machinist Technician
Prepare for a career as a CNC machinist or general machinist.
Learn to set up and operate CNC and manual metal cutting machines, interpret engineering drawings, apply geometric dimensioning and use CAD software.
Graduates will be competent in the following:
- Applying safe and correct practices when handling tools and equipment
- Setting up and safely operating manual milling machines, lathes, and Computer Numerical Control (CNC) machining and turning centers
- Interpreting engineering drawings
- Applying geometric dimensioning to verify component parts
- Using basic Computer Aided Design (CAD) software