Zabudsky will be relocating to Ontario to become the President and CEO of the Sheridan Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning, which operates campuses in Brampton and Oakville. The move is a homecoming of sorts for Zabudsky, who is a native of Southern Ontario with several family members still in the area.
"I'd like to thank the Board and staff of Red River College, and our partners within government and industry for their tremendous support over the past five years," said Dr. Zabudsky. "Through their efforts RRC has established itself as an engine of growth for Manitoba, and a first-choice education option for students."
Highlights of Zabudsky's leadership at RRC include:
- Five consecutive years of record high student enrolment.
- Completion of the Princess Street Campus fundraising campaign.
- Construction of the new Heavy Equipment Transportation Centre, and the start of the Paterson GlobalFoods Institute/Union Bank Tower project.
- Approval of the College's first degree programs, in Construction Management and Nursing.
- Significant growth of the Applied Research and Commercialization program, including building the Centre for Applied Research in Sustainable Infrastructure.
- Expansion of regional campus services including a new facility in Steinbach.
- Development of the People Plan, an initiative to make RRC one of Manitoba's employers of choice.
"Dr. Zabudsky has guided the College through a tremendous period of growth, and strengthened our profile in the community through his work with organizations like the United Way and the Manitoba Chambers of Commerce," said Sheryl Feller, Chair of RRC's Board of Governors. "His energy and passion for college-based learning will be missed."
The Board of Governors has formed a search committee to lead a national search for a new President. Cathy Rushton, MBA, FCA, current Vice-President of Finance and Administration, will serve as Interim President.