Communication for I.T. Professions
This English for Specific Purposes (ESP) program is designed to prepare students for the following information technology academic programs offered at Red River College Polytechnic: Business Information Technology (BIT), Business Technology Management (BTM), Network Services Technician, 3D Computer Graphics, and Digital Media Design.
This full-time, 14-week communication program is intended for international students with a background/interest in computer systems or information technology (IT), who have not met the English language requirements for their academic program.
This program helps students:
- Develop English language skills that will enable you to interact in an IT environment
- Learn the academic skills and strategies necessary to succeed in a college program
- Learn language specific to IT training and employment
- Obtain cultural information about being a college student and being employed in Canada
Knowledge and skills are gained through adult English as an Additional Language classroom study, computer laboratory work, guest speakers and workshops, field trips, and observations of academic programs.
- Must be an international visa student with a current study permit
- English Language Proficiency: Minimum Canadian Language Benchmark 6
- Winter 2022: January 4, 2022 – April 22, 2022
- Fall 2022: August 29, 2022 – December 9, 2022
- Winter 2023: January 3, 2023 – April 21, 2023
- Spring 2023: May 1, 2023 – August 11, 2023
The delivery of ESP programs is contingent on student enrollment.