Every five years, residents of Canada are invited to participate in the census to help paint a portrait of Canada’s diverse population and the places where we live.
The Census provides information that helps Canadians make important decisions that affect our families, our neighbourhoods and our businesses.
The information you provide ensures that the 2021 Census accurately reflects Canada’s changing society. Your responses are important to your community for planning services that support employment, schools, public transportation and hospitals.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who should be included in the Census?
- Everyone who has their main residence at the address, even if they are temporarily away on May 11, 2021
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents, work or study permit holders and their families
- How do I complete the Census?
- Where can I find more information about the Census?