C1 – Promotional Items
Originator: Dean, Student Affairs
Effective: July 1995
Red River Community College recognizes that the use of promotional items is an important component of its overall public relations.
- To achieve consistency and provide structure for the use of promotional items, three categories of items have been established.
- Giveaways – low cost, reasonable quality items for distribution at meetings, conferences or as donations to other organizations seeking our support in an external activity.
- Gift/Retail – higher quality items, kept in stock to provide as “last minute” gifts to guest speakers, representatives of organizations having partnerships with the College, committees wishing to recognize external members, etc.
- Executive Items – quality gifts that would be kept in limited stock and provided as more exclusive forms of recognition.
- The ordering, inventory and distribution of promotional items will be the responsibility of the College Bookstore. Giveaway items will be kept in the College Relations office.
- The giveaways will be charged to the promotions budget of College Relations office and the financing for the more expensive items will be on a charge back to the requesting budget centre.
- All novelties and merchandise would bear the RRCC logo.
- All promotional items will be available, not only as giveaways and gifts, but also for purchase from the College Bookstore by College staff, students, alumni, and visitors.
- The framework for ordering, inventory and control of promotional items is described in Appendix 1.
- Requests for promotional items will be approved by the respective College Management Committee member or designate.
- The College will provide a quantity of print promotional items to staff attending conferences where sufficient advance notice is given.
- The College will provide an appropriate number of College pins to staff representing the College as a speaker/panelist.
- Requests for donations/sponsorships from organizations will be considered on an individual basis by the College Management Committee.
Promotional Items Framework
|Category||Suggested Promotional Item||Financing||Ordering||Inventory|
|Giveaways||Key Rings||College Relations||Bookstore||College Relations|
|Mechanical Pencils||College Relations||Bookstore||College Relations|
|Pens||College Relations||Bookstore||College Relations|
|Lapel Pins||College Relations||Bookstore||College Relations|
|Folders||College Relations||Bookstore||College Relations|
|Gift/Retail||Coffee Mugs||Charge back||Bookstore||Bookstore|
|Golf Caps||Charge back||Bookstore||Bookstore|
|Logo Watch (novelty)||Charge back||Bookstore||Bookstore|
|RRC Silk Neckties||Charge back||Bookstore||Bookstore|
|Letter Opener||Charge back||Bookstore||Bookstore|
|Lapel Pins (gold plated)||Charge back||Bookstore||Bookstore|
|Logo Watch (Seiko)||Consignment||Bookstore||Bookstore|