Connect to Eduroam
Eduroam (education roaming) is an international roaming service that provides easy and secure network access when staff and students visit an educational institution other than their own. Being a member of Eduroam gives you access to thousands of hotspots across the globe at no additional cost for staff and students.
- Authentication of staff and student accounts is performed by Red River College Polytechnic, using the same College credentials as when you access the network at the College.
- Authorization to access the internet and possibly other resources is handled by the college or university that you are visiting.
To connect your laptop, tablet, or mobile phone to the Eduroam wireless network at a college or university that you are visiting, click on a link below for device specific instructions:
- Connect to Eduroam with Windows 10
- Connect to Eduroam with Android
- Connect to Eduroam with Mac
- Connect to Eduroam with iOS
Connect to Eduroam with Windows 10
- Select the Start button in the bottom left-hand side of the taskbar, and then select Settings.
- On the Windows Settings menu, select Network & Internet.
- On the left hand side, select Wi-Fi.
- On the Wi-Fi menu, select Show available networks.
- In the list of networks, click on Eduroam, and then click Connect.
- You will be asked to enter your user name. For staff, enter your user name followed by @rrc.ca. For students, enter your user name followed by @academic.rrc.ca.
- Enter your College password.
- Click Connect.
Connect to Eduroam with Android
- Tap on the Google Play Store app.
- Search for eduroam, tap eduroam CAT, and then tap Install.
- Once eduroam is downloaded, tap Open.
- Under Allow eduroamCAT to access this device’s location, tap Allow only while using the app.
- Tap the educational institution that you are visiting.
- Tap Allow to allow eduroam to access photos, media and files on your device.
- Ensure that the Provider Name is the name of the educational institution that you are visiting, and then tap Install.
- Tap Yes to install the profile.
- Enter your College user name and password, and then tap Install. You will receive the message that the profile is installed.
Connect to Eduroam with Mac
- Click the Wi-Fi icon in the top right-hand side menu bar.
- Under the section Choose a network, click the name Eduroam to join.
- Enter your College user name.
- Enter your password.
- In the top right-hand corner, click Join.
Connect to Eduroam with iOS
- Open the Safari browser (Other Browsers are NOT compatible).
- Go to https://cat.eduroam.org.
- Tap Click here to download your eduraom ® installer.
- Tap Red River College.
- Close out any Eduroam pages that still appear.
Eduroam also makes the College an attractive venue for hosting meetings and conferences as it allows people to easily connect to the College network using their own login information from their educational institution.
Click Search for an Eduroam site to locate a hotspot near you.