Set Outlook language and time zone
If you are accessing student email in the cloud for the first time, refer to the Setting language and time zone during set up section. If you have already accessed your student email and want to change your language settings, refer to the Changing your region and time zone section.
Setting language and time zone during set up
To choose your preferred language and time zone settings the first time you access Outlook in the cloud, follow these steps:
- Sign in to student email by accessing your HUB home page, and in the Launchpad widget, under Applications, click Student Email.
- Enter your College user name followed by @academic.rrc.ca, enter your password, and then click Sign in.
IMPORTANT: If you sign in to Office 365 without going through HUB, enter your College user name followed by @academic.rrc.ca, and then press the Tab key to be redirected to the RRC Polytech sign in menu.
- On the Outlook menu, select English (Canada) in the Language drop‑down menu, select Central Time (US & Canada) in the Time zone drop‑down menu, and then click Save.
- Wait as the progress bar displays while Outlook opens your mailbox, and then your Office 365 email inbox will open for you to use.
Changing your language and time zone
To change your language and time zone after your initial Outlook set up, follow these steps:
- Sign in to student email from your HUB home page (refer to Step 1 and Step 2 in the Setting language and time zone during set up section).
- On your Outlook home page, click the gear icon at the top right‑hand corner of the menu bar, and then click View all Outlook settings at the bottom of the Settings window.
- On the Settings menu on the left‑hand side, under General, click Language and time, select English (Canada) in the Language drop‑down menu, select Central Time (US & Canada) in the Current time zone drop‑down menu, and then click the Save on the top right-hand side.