To schedule a meeting room in Outlook, follow these steps:
- To add attendees to your meeting invitation, on the Home tab, in the New group, click New Items, and then select Meeting from the drop‑down menu.
- On the Meeting tab, click the To button.
- On the Select Attendees and Resources menu, select Global Address List in the Address Book drop‑down menu, select attendees from the list, and then click the Required or Optional button. If you do not need to add a meeting room, click OK, and then proceed to Step 7. If you do need to add a meeting room, proceed to Step 4.
- On the Select Attendees and Resources menu, select All Rooms in the Address Book drop‑down menu, select a suitable room from the list, click the Required button, and then click OK.
NOTE: You can scroll through the columns to view a description of the rooms, which includes information about capacity and available resources such as white boards, projectors, and network ports.
- On the Meeting tab, in the Show group, click Scheduling Assistant.
- Review the attendees and meeting room for conflicts or double bookings to ensure that all required attendees have space in their calendars on the chosen date and time.
NOTE: Scheduling Assistant will automatically assign you as the meeting organizer, add all attendees, display the meeting room you chose, and identify any conflicts.
- On the Meeting tab, in the Show group, click Appointment, confirm that the meeting details are correct, enter an appropriate description in the Subject field (and any required notes or attachments in the body of the email), and then click Send.
NOTE: You will receive an email with a tentative booking of your chosen meeting room and a second email when the meeting room owner confirms that there are no scheduling conflicts with your booking.