Send email to OneNote
You may need a place to store your emails that are associated with projects and discussions. You would benefit from a new OneNote Notebook created specifically for these emails.
You can choose to scroll through each topic on this page, or you may click individual topics directly below.
- Create a new notebook and section
- Set up email to OneNote
- Send your emails to OneNote
- Move one page to another notebook
Create a new notebook and section
- Open OneNote.
- Click +New notebook then name the notebook Emails or similar, (this will allow you to easily locate the emails sent to OneNote), and then click Create.
- In that new notebook click on the heading called This notebook is empty and enter a new section name, and then click OK.
NOTE: This section name should be specific to the emails you want to send to OneNote.
In OneNote, your newly named section will be located on the left‑hand side.
Set up email to OneNote
- Visit Microsoft’s Save emails to OneNote webpage.
- Click Set up email to OneNote.
- Enter your College email address, and then click Next.
- Click Work or school account.
- Enter your College email address and password, and click Sign in.
- Click No.
- Click the drop‑down arrow, choose both the notebook name and the section name as your default location, and then click Save. This example shows the Emails notebook and the Departmental Emails section in the drop‑down choices.
Send your emails to OneNote
- Select an email that you would like to send to OneNote, and click Forward.
- In the “To” field enter this email address every time, firstname.lastname@example.org, and click Send.
- Open OneNote, the email will be located in the default notebook and section you had selected. The sender’s email address is located at the bottom of the email information.
Move one page to another notebook
The emails you send to OneNote might refer to different topics or discussions. You can move/copy them to another notebook to organize your pages.
- Right‑click on the page you want to move, and then click Move/Copy in the submenu.
- Select the new notebook location, if you want it only in the new location, click Move, if you want the email to reside in both locations, click Copy.
NOTE: Currently you cannot select and move multiple pages at once.