The safest way to place your files into OneDrive is to copy them from File Explorer and paste them into your OneDrive folders. Dragging them can result in files being dropped into unintended folders, making it difficult to locate them afterwards.
You may copy files to your OneDrive in one of two ways:
- Individually from your computer to OneDrive.
- Sync the entire Documents folder from your computer to your OneDrive.
Copy files to OneDrive
For instructions to sync your entire Documents folder to OneDrive, follow these steps:
- Open File Explorer (to access File Explorer, right‑click the Start menu and select File Explorer, or click the File Explorer shortcut on the taskbar).
- In File Explorer, select the document that you want to copy to OneDrive, right‑click, and then select Copy.
- In File Explorer, select OneDrive – Red River College in the left‑hand pane, right‑click in the blank space in the middle window, and then select Paste.
Sync your Documents folder with OneDrive
If you want to sync all of your files from your Documents library on your laptop or computer to your OneDrive account, we recommend that you follow the steps provided by Microsoft. Refer to Sync your Documents folder with OneDrive for this process.
Refer to the OneDrive academic usage recommendations webpage for more information regarding IT Policy IT2 – Security of Information Technology Resources.