Red River College’s School of Indigenous Education welcomes you to a one-day Cannabis Day Conference on October 19. Join us for a day of learning, opportunity and networking with panel speakers that include Industry experts from Navigator, Bonify and National Access Canada, including Medical Professionals doctors and patients, educators, investors, and entrepreneurs as well as provincial and federal regulators.
With Canada set to become the first G7 country to have full legalization on both medical and recreational use of cannabis, education, research and development will play a significant role in this emerging industry.
Come learn this growing Cannabis Industry In Manitoba including upcoming courses at Red River College and the growing partnership opportunities with First Nations and Métis Nations.
Location: Red River College’s Roblin Centre (160 Princess St., Winnipeg, MB)
Time: 9:00am – 4:00pm
Cost: $99 Regular, $25 Students (must show student ID)
To register, please sign up on Eventbrite.
- Trevor Green, CEO OneLeaf
- Dr. Brent Guppy
- Dr. Shelley Turner
- Dr. Faith Dieleman
- Tokyo Smoke
- National Access Cannabis
- First Pharmacy Medical
- Fresh Forage
- Chief Christian Sinclair
- Chief Marcel Moody
- Assembly of Manitoba Chiefs, Grand Chief Arlen Dumas
- Plus more to come!
For questions, please contact Morgan Paul at email@example.com or 204-632-3773.
Red River College is also offering a Continuing Education night course starting November 6 called Cannabis 101.
This course will provide 36 hours of instruction with Dr. Shelley Turner and include:
- a science-based overview of the cannabis plant from genetics, to production and processing, and to market;
- a review of the regulations and restrictions in the medical and recreational space, and how they apply provincially and federally;
- up-to-date information regarding medical cannabis therapy and harm reduction strategies;
- robust discussion on the safety and social responsibility topics in the industry; and.
- an overview of the current research and development in the industry