What We Offer
“The college does a great job at making sure that there are professional development opportunities offered year-round, specific to many different career paths, which ultimately allow us to be better instructors for the students.”Shylyte Bloodworth, Program Manager, Electrical, Mechanical and Manufacturing
RRC Polytech is a leader in applied learning and innovation. Our talented team of employees is passionate about education, innovation and student success. We offer competitive salaries, extensive benefits, and a rewarding career that allows you to give back to your industry through community and collaboration, as well as opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Competitive Salaries and Exceptional Benefits
RRC Polytech offers competitive salaries, a variety of exceptional benefits that help contribute to a healthy, balanced lifestyle, and an excellent pension. (Eligible staff may be entitled to the following benefits)
- flexible health and dental benefit options, such as immediate benefit coverage for regular employees, continuation of benefits while on parental leave and long term disability.
- accrual of sick leave credits each bi-weekly (short-term disability)
Interim Remote Work Policy
- flexible work arrangement in which some or all of the work by an employee is performed from home or another suitable off-site location, usually with the aid of technology resources such as a telephone, laptop, and other technology tools.
Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- free, confidential and anonymous program which offers short-term counselling and support related to a wide variety of issues including relationship issues, depression and anxiety, stress management, grief and bereavement, work and family balance, parenting, gambling, substance use and work-related problems. It can also support in areas of childcare and eldercare, career planning, financial and legal consultation
- EFAP is available to your family members which includes spouses, partners and children. Family members can independently access the program.
- a defined benefit pension plan in which both the employer and employee contribute towards future retirement benefits.
- competitive vacation accruals for all employees including additional benefits for faculty
Voluntary Reduced Work Week
- available for all non-academic employees
- a program that provides employees with an opportunity to request additional days of leave while spreading the pay reduction over a period of time
Maternity/Parental Leave Top-Up
- RRC Polytech offers sustainability events and college-wide programs some of which are discounted City of Winnipeg Transit EcoPass and on-site bike lockers
Campus Well-being Supports
RRC Polytech works to cultivate an environment of support that provides a sense of well-being, belonging, connectedness, and positive mental health for all faculty and staff.
- Mental Health Supports
- offers a variety of training to support staff and faculty on mental health both professionally and personally
- Membership to on-site fitness facilities
- recreation and fitness facilities located on both the Notre Dame Campus and the Exchange District Campus.
- Equipment Loans
- provides access to equipment for its members, with no rental fees
- Social connection opportunities
- staff appreciation events, vendor markets, bakes sales, and holiday events
Learning and Development
As a leader in applied learning and innovation, RRC Polytech supports the training and development of all faculty and staff.
- Faculty Professional Development
- Teaching for Learning (TFL) Certificate Program
- Teaching Essential Program (TEP)
- Committee Involvement
- Leadership Development
- Online Training; LinkedIn Learning
- Tuition waiver for select College courses