Join Tech Manitoba for a FREE event to assist tech professionals who are new to Canada or under-represented in tech, to refine their skills in order to secure rewarding careers in technology.
Pathways to Tech Jobs brings together local educational offerings, with an emphasis on short, tech-focused micro-courses to enable attendees to build upon their existing technology skills. The ultimate goal is to support individuals in qualifying for jobs in tech.
Who is it for? Pathways to Tech Jobs is an informative, fact-finding and networking event targeted to newcomers, Indigenous people and under-employed individuals with basic and/or existing tech skills to assist them in securing quality tech jobs in Manitoba.
Why is it important? We know we have many extraordinary individuals in our community who have tech skills but are either under-employed or struggling to find work because their skill set may not quite match what tech employers are looking for. We have designed a solution by bringing educators and all their short-term tech offerings together in one place, for tech professionals to explore.
- 12:00 PM – Welcome message, greetings & orientation
- 12:10 PM – Presentations on tech courses and upskilling options from our educational partners
- 1:00 PM – Virtual mingling and exploration among attendees, educators and collaboration partners
- 2:00 PM – Event concludes
- Date & Time: Thursday, December 1 from 12:00 pm-2:00 pm
- Location: Virtual (Remo) – REGISTER HERE (Register as a Guest)
If you have any questions about this event, contact RRC Polytech Career Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.