CWDM at RRC Polytech
November is Career and Workforce Development Month in Manitoba and Red River College Polytechnic’s Student Employment Services (SES) has planned a month-long series of learning opportunities, live AMAs (Ask Me Anything) and interactive sessions to help students with their career development.
Week 1 Theme: Job Search Strategies
Online Video (LinkedIn Learning)
In this short video, you will learn:
- how to develop your profile and brand
- how to seek advertised and unadvertised positions
- how to network successfully to broaden your circle
- strategies for both the online and offline worlds
- strategies to match your interests with your search and manage your time to maximize results
To watch the video, click here: Job Search Strategies
If you need help accessing your LinkedIn Learning account as an RRC Polytech student, click here or contact email@example.com
Week 2 Theme: LinkedIn
In this session, you will learn:
- how to build an impressive LinkedIn profile
- tips for expanding your professional network
- how to communicate your professional brand
- how to find and add connections
- how to create content and participate in online conversations
- how to provide value to your network.
The session will be offered twice. Register for a session here:
- Session 1 – November 8, 2:00pm-3:00pm (MS Teams Webinar) – Register Here
- Session 2 – November 10, 12:00pm-1:00pm (MS Teams Webinar) – Register Here
Week 3 Theme: Resumes and Cover Letters
Virtual AMA (Ask Me Anything)
Got questions about resumes and cover letters? Bring them to this 45-minute live Ask Me Anything session. An Employment Advisor will be available to provide answers, feedback, and resources to make sure you are on the right track with your applications.
Register for the session and submit your questions here:
- AMA: Resumes and Cover Letters – November 17, 12:00pm-12:45pm (MS Teams Webinar) – Register Here
Week 4 Theme: International Students – Meet the SES Team + Team Game Activity!
Join the Student Employment Services (SES) team over lunch for a virtual meet and greet with SES staff and network with other international students. This informative event will include a team game activity with prizes!
- November 24, 12:00pm – 1:00pm (MS Teams Webinar) – Register Here
Week 5 Theme: Indigenous Entrepreneurship – Starting your own small business or social enterprise
To Celebrate Career and Workforce Development Month, Student Employment Services and the School of Indigenous Education are proud to present this lunch and learn session.
The number of Indigenous business owners is growing at five times the rate of self-employed Canadians, and Indigenous women are starting businesses at twice the rate of non-Indigenous women. Indigenous people represent the fastest-growing segment of the population, and given the tremendous growth projections for the Indigenous economy, Indigenous entrepreneurship is — and will continue to be — a driving force of Canada’s long-term economic stability.
Join Frank Parkes, Student Employment Services and Terri-Lynn Anderson, Indigenous Education as we share statistics and trends in Indigenous businesses, challenges faced by entrepreneurs and how a career as an entrepreneur or business owner may be the path for you! We’ll share some of the exciting events and micro-credential courses being offered at RRC Polytech that can accelerate your business planning process.
- November 30, 12:00pm – 1:00pm (MS Teams) – Register Here