Graduate Satisfaction and Employment Survey (GSES)
Graduates of Red River College’s full and part-time Apprenticeship, Continuing Education, Regional Campus, and Regular programs are surveyed annually, starting approximately 6 months after the end of their graduation academic year.
Graduates are initially contacted by email and asked to complete their survey online. A prize draw entry is available to each participant. A Survey Research company contacts graduates who were unable to participate in the first part of the process. Graduates are asked to provide their opinions by telephone with an online option offered and are provided with the same opportunity to participate in the prize draw.
The information collected is summarized by program and is used to:
- ascertain the employment status of graduates,
- determine their quality of employment,
- identify whether this employment is related to their field of study,
- examine the graduates’ opinions and attitudes about the education received, and
- obtain information on salaries, types of positions, and locations of employment.
This survey is one of the tools used by the College to help us ensure that our graduates are employment ready and employers are satisfied with their skills and abiilities.