Graduates of Red River College’s full and part-time Apprenticeship, Continuing Education, Regional Campus, and Regular programs are surveyed annually, starting 6 months after the end of their graduation academic year.
Graduates initially receive a Change of Address / Notification of Upcoming Survey card, followed by a paper questionnaire mail out. A second mail out is sent to grads who have not yet responded. If the paper survey contact was not successful, graduates are then contacted by telephone with an online option offered. A prize draw entry is offered with each contact.
The information collected is combined by program and is used to:
- ascertain the employment status of graduates,
- their quality of employment,
- whether this employment is related to their field of study,
- examine the graduates’ opinions and attitudes about the education received, and
- obtain information on salaries, types of positions, and locations of employment.
This survey is one of the tools used by the College to help us ensure that our graduates are employment ready and employers are satisfied with their skills and abiilities.