A group of first-year Creative Communications students at Red River College recently put their writing talents to work, highlighting the achievements of RRC graduates. The volunteer effort — which was a collaborative project coordinated by journalism instructor Duncan McMonagle and the College Relations department at RRC — provided the budding writers with an opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience and exposure for their talents.
Each participating CreComm student was assigned an RRC grad to profile, and asked to emulate the style and format of the articles featured in the College’s “Going Places” blog. The blog is regularly used to showcase the accomplishments of RRC alumni who’ve achieved success in their chosen fields, after studying at Red River College.
Click below to read the RRC alumni profiles produced by the following Creative Communication students:
- Alana Odegard wrote a profile on Jessica Saunders (Child and Youth Care, 2011)
- Amanda Thorsteinsson wrote a profile on Dan Dupuis (Aircraft Maintenance Engineer, 2008)
- Cindy Chan wrote a profile on Leilani Esteban (Child and Youth Care, 2007)
- Katherine Dow wrote a profile on Ellen Barron (Aircraft Maintenance Engineer, 2005)
- Matthew TenBruggencate wrote a profile on Grant Maluga (Biindigen College Studies)