Set up VPN
VPN allows you to remotely access College resources that are not accessible outside of the corporate network. You can scroll through the Set up VPN web page or click directly to the topics below:
Install VPN client software
- Connect to the Internet, and then navigate to the RRC VPN log on screen.
- Enter your College user name and password, and then click Login.
NOTE: If you experience difficulty with the manual installation process, please see the ITS Service Desk webpage to submit a support request.
Connect to VPN
- Click the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client icon in the system tray in the bottom right‑hand corner of your taskbar.
NOTE: If the Cisco AnyConnect logo does not appear in your system tray, type Cisco into your Windows search box, and then click the search result. If Cisco AnyConnect does not appear in your system tray or search results, please see the Install VPN client software webpage.
- On the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client menu, type vpn.rrc.ca into the field (if the text did not automatically populate when you opened the menu), and then click Connect.
- Click this IT Help Resources web page called Install VPN client software and when complete proceed to Step 4.
On the Microsoft sign in page, type in your College email address and click Next.
- On the RRC Polytech sign in page, enter your College password, and then click Sign in.
- On this Microsoft window your College email address will default in.
- If you are using a cell phone to authenticate, you will receive this MFA prompt, click Approve.
NOTE: If you are using the Yubikey to authenticate, you will not see this prompt.
- Click No.
- On the Cisco AnyConnect menu, read the security notice, click Accept, and you can begin using your VPN connection.
- To disconnect, click the Cisco AnyConnect icon with a lock symbol in the system tray in the bottom right‑hand corner of your taskbar, and on the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client menu, click Disconnect.