In SharePoint you can upload an existing spreadsheet from your computer to your team site. The original spreadsheet on your computer and the imported spreadsheet on your team site, will not be connected to each other. Any changes made on your team site spreadsheet will not save to the spreadsheet on your computer or the reverse.
- Click on the Gear next to your full name and then click Add an app.
- Locate the Import Spreadsheet option, then click it.
- Enter a Name and Description, click Browse to select the file location for the spreadsheet you wish to import, and then click Import. Occasionally the spreadsheet will not open directly, but as a minimized spreadsheet on the taskbar located at the bottom of the screen. In this case, click the spreadsheet on the taskbar to open it.
- On the Import to Windows SharePoint Services list window, click the drop down in Range Type and select Range of Cells, then click the drop down in Select Range.
- Highlight the rows and columns you want to import to your team site. This example shows all rows and columns selected, then click the icon in the bottom right-hand side of the Import to Windows SharePoint window.
- Click Import.
Your spreadsheet opens as a SharePoint List. This is called View.
The View button, located on the List tab, is disabled to show that View is active.
You can open the spreadsheet with Quick Edit. It looks similar to an Excel spreadsheet.
The Quick Edit button, located on the List tab, is disabled to show that Quick Edit is active.