Please join us for Red River College’s Aspiring Indigenous Student Enrolment Fair to learn about exciting new programs, as well as a new award opportunity that could cover the cost of your tuition and books.
Tuesday, March 5 | 1 pm – 7 pm
Notre Dame Campus
Indigenous Support Centre, Building F, 2nd Floor, Room F209
Red River College, Indigenous Education is pleased to announce the creation of the one million dollar Building Brighter Futures: Bursaries, Scholarships, and Awards in partnership with Indspire. This is our demonstrated commitment to Indigenous Achievement at Red River College and to the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada Calls to Action.
The first deadline to apply is March 15, 2019 for programs that start in September of 2019. We encourage aspiring students to apply early as funds will be distributed on a first-come first-serve basis.
Indigenous Education staff will be on site at the Aspiring Indigenous Student Enrolment Fair to answer questions and assist students with the bursary application process. To qualify, students will need to do the following:
- Complete the on-line bursary application
- Provide proof of Indigenous ancestry (Status Card, MMF Card)
- Demonstrate financial need
- Provide valid social insurance number
- Provide official high school transcript(s)
- Must meet admission requirements for their chosen program.
Finally, we are guaranteeing a certain number of seats in the following Indigenous Education Programs. These programs are exploratory, preparatory, transitional or specialized. They are designed to help students who are still uncertain about a career path but have a general understanding of where they might want to end up:
- ACCESS Pathway to Health Programs (10-month exploratory and preparatory program)
- ACCESS Pathway to Engineering Technology Programs (10-month)
- Indigenous Culinary Skills Certificate (10 months)
- Indigenous Social Enterprise Diploma Program (2 years)
- Indigenous Language Certificate Program –Ojibwe and Cree (10 months)
- Introduction to Trades (5-month)
- College Transition Certificate Program (10 month program)
- Community Development/Community Economic Development Diploma (2 years)
For more information please contact Wade Parke, Indigenous Education Aspiring Student Manager, at 204-632-2175 or email: email@example.com.
For a full list of program options, visit rrc.ca/indigenous