English Language Proficiency Requirements
English is the language of instruction at the College. Applicants to the College are responsible for a level of English proficiency that is sufficient to participate in all aspects of College study, including lectures, practicum placements, reading, writing and discussion.
The College reserves the right to assess English Language Skills, reading ability, and core subject preparation to determine admission eligibility.
If you have not successfully completed the equivalent of three years of full-time secondary (high school) education in Canada, the United States, or an ELR exempt country where English was the language of instruction, you will be required to submit proof of meeting an English language requirements option within 30 days of applying.
RRC Polytech International Credential Assessment
After meeting the College’s English language proficiency requirements you will receive a request to submit your international credentials for assessment.
A complete academic history is required for applicants to RRC Polytech programs. The RRC Polytech International Credential Assessment requires submission of original transcripts for both your secondary (high school) and post-secondary (college or university) education. You are also encouraged to submit graduation parchments (certificates, diplomas, degrees) or other documentation of your previous education.
International Secondary School (High School) Equivalencies
Find out more about international secondary school credentials that may be used to meet entrance requirements at RRC Polytech.
How to Submit your Documents
Original (paper) educational documents are not required for the international credential assessment process, however please ensure you keep your original documents, as the College may request to see them at any time. The documents are subject to verification for authenticity.
Upload Through Your Future Student Account
- Scan your document(s) and save the file. Ensure you keep your original documents as the College may request to see them at any time.
- Go to apply.rrc.ca and log in.
- Click on your application, then Supplemental Items & Documents.
Your RRC Polytech International Credential Assessment fee is waived when you submit a completed academic credential assessment from one of the approved assessment services listed on the Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials (CICIC) webpage. The academic credential assessment must be a detailed, course-by-course assessment in order for the fee to be waived. Please also note that you must still submit your official transcripts in addition, unless the credential assessment includes verified photocopies of your transcripts.
The expected timeframe for completion of international credential assessments for Admission purposes is within 30 days of both payments of the associated International Credential Assessment fee and submission of all requested documents. The timeframe may be longer during periods when a high volume of requests are being processed. Your application could be deferred to a future start date if you apply and submit supporting documentation within 30 days of the advertised program start date.
At this time, the following payment options are available:
- Phone: To pay with a major credit card, please call the Student Service Centre
- Mail: You can mail in a cheque or money order to the following address (please note what the payment is for):Student Service Centre, Red River College Polytechnic
D101, Building D – 2055 Notre Dame Ave.
Winnipeg, MB, R3H 0J9
- Interac e-transfer: Transfer funds via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you choose this option, you must include the specific RRC Polytech program the payment is in relation to, the full name of the student or applicant, their date of birth (mm/dd/yy) and payment type (e.g. application fee payment or tuition payment) in the email message field prior to sending.
- In-person: Visit one of our Student Service Centres.