Senior Academic Committee
The Senior Academic Committee (SAC) provides strategic leadership in implementing the academic mission of the College. Chaired by the Vice-President, Academic and Research, the SAC serves as a forum for discussion and decision-making on issues of academic policy and practice and is a medium for sharing program information.
- Oversees academic program integrity, quality and relevance.
- Initiates and oversees identification and development of new programs.
- Establishes program and instructional quality assurance mechanisms.
- Oversees the expansion and modification of current programs.
- Fosters student success and retention.
- Assures effective handling of grading, student advancement and dispute resolution.
- Recommends discontinuation of programs.
- Identifies, develops, reviews and approves academic policies and procedures.
- Debates and resolves academic issues.
- Promotes and assures effective use of resources.
- Establishes an industry and community-based program advisory system.
- Develops recommendations on college-wide issues to present to the Leadership Council.
Learn about RRC’s Academic and Research Plan ›