Post-Graduate Work Permit Application tips for New Graduates
If you are graduating this spring and are planning to apply to stay in Canada, there are a few steps that will help you to get ready to submit your Post-Graduate Work Permit Application to IRCC:
- Complete the Graduation Process
Apply for graduation as soon as you complete the program:
- Visit HUB
- Select Payments and Profile
- Select Graduation Overview
NOTE: The deadline to apply to graduate is the last day of the last term or course in your program.
- Verify Your Graduation Status
Follow these instructions to verify your graduation status.
NOTE: Please ensure that you have completed the following:
- Pay all outstanding fees
- Wait for your status to update to Graduate in HUB/Self Service before purchasing a transcript or requesting a completion letter.
- Create or Login to a MyCIC Account
Create a MyCIC account(see instructions) and create the post-graduate work permit application (see instructions).
- Answer the PGWP Online Questionnaires
Complete the Post Graduate Work Permit Online Questionnaire.
- Generate your Document Checklist
The document checklist will be generated after you complete the PGWP online questionnaires. Use this form to upload your application and supporting documents (see a sample of document checklist).
- Fill out the Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker
Visit the Government of Canada website and fill out the Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker [IMM5710](see the IMM5710 sampleand find out how to download and open a form from IRCC).
- Upload Documents
Upload photocopies of the required documents.
- Submit Application
Submit your application.
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact the International Student and Immigration Advisor. The advisor can review your completed application before you submit it.