International Students

Do you currently live in another country and are considering studying at RRC Polytech? This is the right page for you!

Who is considered an international student?

If you don’t have a Canadian permanent resident status or Canadian citizenship and want to study at RRC Polytech, you are considered an international student. You may hold a Study Permit to be able to study in Canada.

All information in this page is for you – future international student! If you currently have permanent resident status, please go to the immigrant students page.

What programs are available at RRC Polytech for future international students?

Over 60 programs are available to international students at RRC Polytech. This list will provide you with details about programs, dates and fees.

What are the admission requirements for future international students?

International students must meet all admission requirements, including language requirements. Check out this page to understand the admission requirements of your program.

How can international students fulfill the language requirements of the program?

There are two ways international students can fulfill the language requirements of their academic program:

  1. Achieving minimum scores from a recognized language proficiency test.
  2. Taking the Intensive English pathway program (if you haven’t taken a language proficiency test or if the scores of the language proficiency test were below the minimum required).

How can I apply to RRC Polytech?

Click here to find out the application process for international students. It is recommended that international applicants start the process at least six months before their program start date.

You can apply by yourself or request the support of one of our authorized educational agents.

Do I need a Canadian visa to apply to RRC Polytech?

No, you don’t need a Canadian visa or permit to APPLY to RRC Polytech. If you get accepted into one of our programs, you’ll receive a Letter of Acceptance (LOA) that must be used to apply for a study permit.

Who should I contact at RRC Polytech if I’m an international student?

If you’re a future international student who has not applied yet:

If you have applied and haven’t started your program yet:

If you have started at RRC Polytech and require general information:

If you have started at RRC Polytech and require information about your Intensive English program:

If you have started and require information about your academic program:

  • Please contact your specific program coordinator (you will receive their contact information at the start of the program)

If you have started and require financial and refund information:

If you have started at RRC Polytech and want to request your original documents back:

How long does it take to get a response after I apply to RRC Polytech?

RRC Polytech takes on average up to four weeks to process an application after receiving the documents by mail. All documents should be received by RRC Polytech within 15 days after the online application is completed.

Can I work while studying in Canada?

Depending on your conditions as an international student at RRC Polytech, you may be eligible to work while enrolled in your academic program. See additional information on working while studying.

Can I work and stay in Canada after graduation?

Depending on the program length and other criteria defined by the Government of Canada, international students graduating from one of RRC Polytech’s program may be eligible for a post-graduation work permit. There is also the opportunity to apply to become a permanent resident (or immigrant) of Canada.

Can I move to Canada with family?

Students holding a study permit may sponsor their spouses and children to come to Canada with them. Spouses may be issued an open work permit for the same period as the study permit of the principal applicant (in this case, the student). Children under the age of majority (19 years old in Manitoba) may attend pre-school, elementary or high school without paying international fees.

DISCLAIMER: This document was prepared by a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC) in compliance with the Canadian Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. This is not a legal document. Immigration laws and procedures change frequently, and so the information may have changed since this document was prepared. Please always refer to IRCC website for the most up-to-date information, or contact RRC Polytech Immigration and Student Advisor at This document was prepared on March 13, 2019.

Check out the list of programs available to international students.


If you’re a future applicant, current student or graduate, read about the supports you can get from RRC Polytech.