Do you need a co-op work permit?

International students who are undertaking any kind of field education (co-op work experience or internship) after 2023, regardless of length and compensation, must have a valid co-op work permit.


The processing time on a co-op work permit application can be lengthy. You can follow the instructions here to prepare your application and submit it as early as you can.


If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact the International Student and Immigration Advisor. The advisor can review your completed application before you submit it.