PGWP Questionnaire

When answering the Post-Graduation Work Permit online questionnaire, you might expect the following questions.

What would you like to do in Canada?


How long are you planning to stay in Canada?

Temporarily – more than 6 months.

Select the code that matches the one on your passport.

Answer according to your situation.

What is your current country/territory of residence?

If you are presently in Canada, you should select Canada.

Do you have a family member or permanent resident that is 18 years or older?

Answer according to your situation. Family member is defined as a spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children.

What is your date of birth?

Answer according to your situation.

Are you a lawful permanent resident of the United States with a valid alien registration card (Green Card)?

Answer according to your situation.

What is your current immigration status in Canada?


Do you plan to work on campus?


Are you a full-time student at a participating post-secondary institution and want to work off-campus up to 20 hours per week?


Have you recently graduated from a participating Canadian post-secondary institution for which your study program was full-time and a minimum of eight months?


Is your work an essential part of your studies (for example, a Co-op or internship program)?


Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?

“No” in most of the cases.

Have you submitted a permanent resident application in Canada?

“No” in most of the cases.

Do you have a written job offer?


What is your marital status?

Answer according to your situation.

What is your province of destination? If visiting multiple provinces, select the one in which you will be spending most of your time.


You will see below options after above question:


Which document have you received stating that you have completed all the requirements for your program of study?

Letter from educational institution (This is the Letter of Completion)

Have you had a medical exam performed by an IRCC authorized panel physician (doctor) within the last 12 months?

Answer according to your situation.

Have you lived in a designated country or territory for more than six months in the last year?

You can understand as “Have you live outside of Canada for more than six months in the last year?” – Answer according to your situation.

Do you want to work in one of the following jobs?

  • Health sciences worker
  • Clinical laboratory worker
  • Patient attendant in nursing or geriatric homes
  • Medical student admitted to Canada to attend university
  • Medical elective and physician on short term assignment
  • Teacher of primary or secondary schools or other teachers of small children
  • Domestics worker (someone who gives in-home care to children, the elderly and the disabled)
  • Day nursery worker

Answer according to your situation. 

Do you want to submit an application for a family member?

Answer according to your situation. You might expecting more questions if your answer is “Yes.”

Are you giving someone access to your application?

Answer according to your situation. If you are preparing this application by your own, you might answer “No.” 

There are fees associated with this application. Will you be paying your fees or are you fee exempt?

Yes, I will be paying my application fees.

Are you able to make a digital copy of your documents with a scanner or camera?


Will you be paying your application fees online? 

“Yes” – To pay online, you can use a credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, JCB, China Union Pay) or a debit card (Visa Debit, Debit MasterCard or Interac).


DISCLAIMER: This document was prepared by a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC) in compliance with the Canadian Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. This is not a legal document. Immigration laws and procedures change frequently, and so the procedure for creating MyCIC account may have changed since this document was prepared. Please always refer to for the most up-to-date information, or contact Red River College Polytechnic Immigration and Student Advisor. This document was prepared on January 30, 2018.

Find more information and supports for working in and immigrating to Canada.