Create a MyCIC Account
You can create MyCIC account by following these instructions:
1. Sign Up
Create you MyCIC through one of the pathways below:
Pathway #1: Sign-In Partner
This option only applies to those with a CIC-affiliated bank account. If you choose to sign-in with your online banking login information:
- Please click “Continue to Sign-In Partner”
Pathway #2: GC Key
If you can’t or don’t want to login through Sign-In Partner, you should create an account with the Government of Canada using the GCKey.
- Click “Continue to GCKey”
- Click “Sign Up” on the right-hand
- Accept the “Terms and Conditions of Use”
- Create your username. It must contain between eight and sixteen characters, no special characters (for example: %, #, @) and may contain up to seven digits.
- Create your password. It must contain between eight and sixteen characters, contain at least one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter and one digit, and must not contain 3 or more consecutive characters from your username.
- Create your recovery questions, answers and hints shown below.
2. Continue to create your account
Create an account: You’ll be asked for some personal and contact information.
- Create your security questions.
- Your account has been successfully created!
3. Activities you can do through MyCIC Account
- Submit an application
- Link an existing application to this account
- Transfer DLI number
- Continue with the application which is not yet submitted
- View your submitted applications or profiles
- Read account messages
DISCLAIMER: This document was prepared by a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC) in compliance with the Canadian Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. This is not a legal document. Immigration laws and procedures change frequently, and so the information may have changed since this document was prepared. Please always refer to IRCC website for the most up-to-date information, or contact Red River College Immigration and Student Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org. This document was prepared on Sept 15, 2017.