The College will be closed for the Winter Break between Monday, December 24, 2018, and Tuesday, January 1, 2019. Our offices will be closed and we will not be checking emails during this time. We will re-open on Wednesday, January 2, 2019.
Please see below for information and answers to some questions you may have.
How to Apply
If you would like to apply as an international student for a College program, you may submit your application online.
Before you apply, check your program availability for the next available start date.
Applications received during the College closure will be processed after the College reopens on January 2nd, 2019.
If you would like to pay your tuition and avoid long queue on the first day of classes, you can make payments online by logging into your HUB account with your Red River College Username and password.
You may also see your class schedule, academic email, and other personal and College information through the HUB. If you encounter difficulties, visit the Student Service Centre at your campus on January 2nd, 2019.
If you are a new student starting an ACADEMIC PROGRAM in January 2019, make sure you are ready to start classes:
- Complete the Cultural Orientation – Mandatory
- Watch the Pre-Arrival Webinar
- Register for Red River Connect – Mandatory – If you did not attend the December 19thevent, please plan to attend the January 5thsession.
- Visit our Pre-Arrival and Post-Arrival Page for more important information.
First Day of Classes
Classes begin on January 2nd, 2019.
If you are starting a new program, you may have a program orientation session on the first day. Look for information in your academic email or other correspondence from the College.
If you are unsure where to go on your first day, you can inquire at the Student Service Centre or at the International Education Office (D210, Notre Dame Campus or P212, Princess Campus).
Arriving in Winnipeg
If you have just arrived in Winnipeg, welcome here! We hope you get settled well into the city.
- Transportation: Winnipeg Transit (Bus)
- Housing: Winnipeg RentNet/ New Journey Housing/ Kijiji
- City of Winnipeg Services
Note that nearly all businesses will be closed on December 25, 2018, and January 1, 2019.
For help getting settled in your community, please contact your Student Integration Coordinator after the holiday break:
Lauren Konrad (Exchange District Campus, Regional Campuses)
Phone: 204.631.3345| E-mail: email@example.com
Norlan Page (Notre Dame Campus, Stevenson Campus)
Phone: 204.631.3309 | E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are experiencing an emergency, you can dial 9-1-1 from any phone for immediate service. Emergencies are:
- Any crime in progress (break & enter, robbery, etc)
- Any situation where people or property are at risk (fire, children on ice, etc)
- Any medical emergency (heart attack, accidental poisoning, etc)
For situations that are not emergencies, you may call:
- Police: 204-986-6222
- Other City of Winnipeg Services and information: 3-1-1
Situations that are not emergencies may include:
- Suspicious activity
- Crimes that are not in progress ( for example, if you find evidence of a break-in that has already happened, online scams, etc.)
- Requests for information
Have a wonderful winter break — we look forward to seeing you in 2019!